March is here. Lemon and Peppermint coloured garments have arrived on Oxford Street.
Spring is around the corner. Before you know it people will be saying, isn’t this year flying?
I am a member of the Female Entrepreneur Association and this month we have been given a mission for March. Just one mission. This is a particularly difficult concept for me as I am lover of lists and multi tasking. The mission has encouraged my analytical side to come out to play and assess what March 31st looks for me and what will have changed.
How are you getting on with your goals and resolutions? Perhaps you have achieved great success since January 2014 or perhaps old habits have started to creep in and it is easier to stay the same.
I would like to set you the challenge. What is the one thing you would like to achieve by the end of March? It doesn’t matter what it is, however big or small, the most important thing is you know WHAT it is. As I always say the HOW may not reveal itself just yet.
Start by writing a list, jot down anything that comes to mind. Don’t limit yourself or stop before you have finished the sentence.
Then pick one. Don’t get stuck on which one. Just choose one. You can make the choice by your own rules. It may be something life changing or it could be something mundane, you’ve been putting off that will make you feel instantly better once it is done.
Now here is the plan in 5 easy steps.
1) Write the goal down clearly and specfically . By March 31st I will…………
Then write another sentence describing what will have changed. How you will be feeling. What people will be saying to you. Start to visualize April….in achieving your March goal, what will April bring?
2) What is standing in your way?As March has already started it is important you get started immediately. Start to eliminate any distractions and change your focus so you are gearing your life around your goal. So if it is exercise related- schedule the sessions. All of them, until the end of March. Break down the process and write down all the miniature tasks. Then to avoid overwhelm start to write them into your diary. Be clear about what you want to achieve in each session.
3) Who is standing in your way? Achieving this goal will require your focus, attention and a big dollop of positivity. Share your goal with people who are going to encourage and support you. Don’t make things harder for yourself by speaking to people who will discourage you with ‘Oooh, that’s sounds difficult, I could never do that?’.
4) Start today and ball rolling. Don’t wait for the right time or perfect situation, just begin and start moving forward. Write down three actions you are going to take today.
5) Track your progress, write it down every day a)what you did and b) what it achieved so you can see the results. A great way to see how well you are doing and also spur you on when you need a little boost or motivation.
Bonus Number 6.
Tell me about what- what is your March Mission? Be accountable.