Phew! I can do my own thing. It now ok to say you are a personal brand… although it may cause a few ‘Hmmmm is that an actual thing?’ or ‘Can you earn money from that?’ and some wiggly eyebrows.
I knew from an early age that I didn’t want to do a traditional 9-5pm job. I didn’t want to sit at the same desk, eating the same sandwiches, wishing the time away until my golden two weeks away in the summer.
I know that life is short and I want my working week to be something that excites me rather than fills me with dread.
These days I have a strict criteria:
1) I want to spend the majority of my time doing what I enjoy. I don’t want to clock watch or day dream, I want to be in the present moment.
2) I want to be flexible and create my own schedule. If I want to take Fridays off if I choose and if I want to spend time working on my own creative projects on a Sunday night I can.
3) I want to be with my family. My partner Matt and I have been together 12 years and we have a 3 year old son and a baby due summer 2019. Family life is amazing, full of love and sometimes unpredictable so I want our work to work for us.
4) I want to have many income streams and make money in my sleep… and if I am not sleeping due to small kidlets(!), I want to make money when I am not directly working on my business but still serve my customer to the highest standard. Not everyone needs to work with you 1:1…more on that later…
5) I no longer only make money based on an minimum wage hourly rate. I earn from acting, coaching, speaking, writing, creating online courses, collaborations, workshops, events etc. I have learnt how to value my worth and charge accordingly and this has been game changing. I know this is possible for you to and you can create something that suits your unique blend.
Maybe you feel like this too?
However don’t think I have always had this sussed, believe me I haven’t.
Let’s go back a bit…
I trained as an actor. I knew from the age of four that I wanted to go to drama school…I was watching a Blue Peter pantomime and I was captured. I asked my Mum how I would get to do that.
Fast forward to 2000, I moved to London and then in 2003, I left drama school 5 months early and landed two jobs back to back. My luck and hard work continued for a little while and then things came to a miserable, grinding halt.
I was in my early 20s, I had to be available for castings (and the last minute lifestyle) and also fund a London lifestyle.
No one was talking about being an entrepreneur in the early 2000s… the internet was barely here, social media definitely wasn’t a thing and options were limited.
I did a lot of pretty rubbish jobs to make ends meet; that crushed my soul, barely gave me enough to live on and certainly didn’t positively impact my career…there is nothing like picking up clothes from a busy Oxford Street changing room to make you doubt your talents and life direction.
When I got to 30, I knew I had to make some changes. 30 was one of my ‘scary ages’… of course I now see that I was mere spring chicken :)
I still wanted to act, but I had to make take control of my happiness. It couldn’t just be reliant on a phone call of good news. I had to create my own good luck ( and happy life) on a daily basis.
I felt like I woke up and had a good hard look at my life. Things were ok, but not amazing. I was spending a lot of my time doing things I really didn’t enjoy and I wasn’t earning the money I wanted to.
So I started to explore and see what was possible…I attended workshops, watched countless webinars, bought a pile of books that were taller than me and felt like I was on a mission. Some of the information was useful and some I had to ditch pretty quickly.
These days I attract clients who are looking to create their own version of success.
At the time of writing, I have coached over a 1000 people. I have a podcast that discussed the topic of ‘success’ that is heard worldwide and receives 1000s of downloads per week.
I know how to help you to create a career that feels like you. A working week that you relish, that lights you up and is your own unique pic ‘n’ mix of your skills, talents and expertise.
Being a personal brand is now a legitimate job title- thank goodness. Back in the day, you were dismissed as someone who couldn’t make their mind up or who was a ‘Jack of all trades, Master of none’.
You may be pleased you to know:
1) You can earn doing what you love
2) You can create your own combination of skills, talents and expertise
3) You can be in control of your hours, your commitments and have autonomy over working week/work/life balance.
4) You can create your own reality; your income, your environment, your lifestyle etc i.e. in control of your own destiny so you create success on your terms.
However I can give you a framework to work from.
The magical (sometimes confusing) world of self development can be incredibly stifling and you may have no idea where to start.
This can quickly lead to overwhelm, self doubt and a big old dose of fear. Don’t worry I have got you…my clients always comment on how I keep things simple and easy to action.
Creating a personal brand that umbrellas many titles ‘actor, coach, writer, speaker and podcaster’ keeps my week varied and interesting…just how I like it.
I have also learnt how to make passive income so I am able to earn money whilst I sleep and help more people. ( I will be showing you how to do this too)
It allows me to be in the most fascinating rooms and enjoy days full of surprises…in a single day I could be on set, writing at home, recording a podcast, seeing clients in Central London or speaking at Stylist.
Here’s where I can help you…
1) Starting with you
I want to help you to create a personal brand/business that feels really good; that is aligned with your personality, values, circumstances and markers of 'success'.
2) Create your calendar
To have flexibility and control to allow you to work in a way that works for you. To devise your hours, to share your USP (and get paid) in a way that works for you.
To earn well. For me, it isn’t enough just to make bills and it doesn’t need to be for you either. I encourage you to dream big. After all bills are ever changing and to be honest you are too goo at what you do and work too hard to just scrap by.
4) A new way of earning money
To be able to create passive income. Maybe you only have limited hours per week to run your business (and these are ever changing) so it would be wonderful to have options to earn whilst you sleep (if sleep occurs in your house?!)
5) Identify your USP and find a way to pitch, sell, add value and share your message so you can create impact.
Get clear on your online and offline presence; to build a credible, unique flavour that allows you to stand out in the marketplace and do business your way.
To diversify your offerings; perhaps your service based work could extend to speaking, writing or running events. Maybe you want to write a book or begin a creative project. There has never been a better time.
The course breakdown:
Once you register, you have full access to the course. Everything is available and there for you to work through at your own pace. Plus some lovely surprises.