Beyoncé and I have a long distance relationship... we’ve been in the same room/field twice but the love is strong. One of us maaaay not know who the other is. But that’s ok. 😉
There are always phrases of ‘What would Beyoncé do?’ like it is a quick ‘Ok cool I’ll do that too’ However as it often is I’m sure it will be combination of things... I have tried to dissect the process on why she is in a league of her own...
1. She decided... we all have those moments of ‘no more, enough is enough’ or ‘Let’s do this’ or ‘What have I got to lose?’ Every action begins with a decision. I can’t imagine any of this was a flippant thought.
2. Got a big vision. She’s not playing any more. She has the platform, money, support, love and talent to build a wonderful vision so she does.
3. She realised she needed to build a team as she couldn’t do it alone. We may be a company of one but the best find the best to collaborate and grow with.
4. She charged well.. for now and for later. Get paid now for the performance but also for ownership/producing rights. Savvy.
5. She gave herself permission to still do what she loved and be a mother. Yes it is tough and you need support to do so but all hopes and dreams don’t end as soon as you give birth.
6. Moved the needle. I am very interested in this phrase at the moment. I don’t want to be generic and surface. Beyoncé knows the stories that need to be told, the words that perhaps have been unsaid. She says them.
7. Gave herself more time than normal. Overnight success is not a thing. There are hours of ‘showing up’ behind the scenes.
8. Gave clear communication. You can’t lead without sharing your vision. There is a great part on the Goop podcast with @brenebrownabout how organisations could do this effectively.
9. Be humble. Generous, kind, open, loving... you know all those things that are at your core.
10. Do it like you are the best in the world and show the world what you can do.